The Hytch GPS Accuracy Score is an analysis of a handful of software, hardware and environmental factors that impact your connection to Hytch. Low scores reflect risk of a disconnect if you are Hytching with a buddy. We suggest the person with the highest GPS Accuracy Score be the Host and initiate invitations for shared rides.
HOW IS MY GPS ACCURACY SCORE CALCULATED?
GPS coordinates tell us when Hytchers are close enough to be in a successful Hytch. We call this the “Hytch Halo” and these factors matter:
- Cellular network reliability - depending on your location, you may have a weak connection (or a hole) in your cell network.
- Signal strength of your device - poor network connection for any reason will reduce your score.
- Phone hardware - old phones with slow or outdated hardware will hurt performance.
- Phone software - faulty settings and outdated software will hurt performance.
- Connection to GPS satellite - extreme weather, passing through a tunnel, or traveling through downtown urban environments with tall buildings can factor into GPS accuracy.
HOW DO I FIX A LOW SCORE?
Talk to people in your Hytch groups to compare scores. What device and network are they on?
- Upgrade your device: everyone loves a new smartphone.
- Change cellular networks: get a better plan.
- Press on: we are constantly updating our platform to bring users a better experience.
Using Hytch Rewards makes you a Hytch Hero because you are protecting clean air, saving trees and reducing congestion. Stay in the Hytch Halo.